Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I finished reading all of those books I mentioned a few posts ago. The Shack continues to pop up in my life. Members of both sides of my family are reading it. I love it. I cringed at a few parts, but by chapter 4 or 5 I was completely hooked. I’ve never read a fictional portrayal of the persons of the Trinity before. I thought it was magnificent and certainly helps make a confusing concept so much clearer. I also felt very safe and happy as I was reading.

I am twittering. Or tweeting. I’m not sure. I’m exploring Twitter and the world of “micro-blogging.” Do you want to Twitter with me?

I’m preaching on Luke next sermon. Luke 2: 22-40. This is when Jesus is blessed in the temple and Simeon and Anna recognize him as the Messiah. Any thoughts?

I need to finish my Christmas shopping. I really can’t believe that Christmas is next week. This really has been a time when I don’t feel like buying gifts or really receiving them. I just want to relax and see my family.

This past Sunday at church was really wonderful. Our usual Sunday stuff went smoothly. Brunch with the young adults was nice. The Advent Lessons and Carols was simply inspired. The young adult Bible study was lovely.

I’m looking forward to an evening of cooking stew and keeping warm. I hope you keep warm too.

No comments: